Monday, February 6, 2006

Purged

Writing has always been an out...an art...my core.
Therefore, I pick up the pen once more.
Allow me the time to be caught up in this rhyme.
Unearth my passions, before I fully decline.
For, the daily grind is numbing and dumbing my mind.
Staying sharp is hard when the days are relentlessly outlined.
I've got a craving for something intellectual.
Dying to feast of those whom are full.
Lead me from devastation to salvation.
Propose a conversation to rid the starvation.
Give me controversy: politics, culture or religion.
Whatever it takes to reunite with my beliefs and opinions.
Psychology...philosophy...physiology?
I'm up for anything, so long as you challenge me.
Throw any topic out there for debate.
I need a theory to contemplate.
Illustrate something intricate and innovative.
Force me to remember that I am creative.
Inspire me; drag out my wisdom and wit.
I'm ready for it; I refuse to forfeit.

No comments:

Post a Comment