Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Game of Hearts

Come in
Sit down
Don’t leave
Roll up your sleeves
We’re going to play a game
Free of claim
Blunder and blame
We’ll have a blast
And some laughs
Share the lust and ease
While making our memories
A little affection
To alleviate the isolation
When it ends
We’ll remain friends

Now, here’s the fun part
So, listen up
The game continues on
For far too long
I’ll grow close to you
You’ll push away when I do
I’ll realize the way we are
Is exactly what I’m looking for
I’ll get lost in your eyes
Fixating on what you deny
I’ll speak openly
When your lips freeze
I’ll raise the stakes and strive
To make visible what you hide
Many talks of pulling the reigns
Giving into us time and time again
I will fall
While you stall
I will break
And make you quake

The sad part
I feel it in my heart
I see it in your eyes
Still you hide
The buzzing in my ears
They tell me your fears
They speak what you speak
But not to me
It was real and unrestricted
Variant and explicit
What a goddamn shame
It could have been great
You’ll never let it be
Never give into me
Forced to let it go
Can’t hold onto hope
Unclench my grip
And let you slip

I’m just so displaced
I try to replace your face
With his lips
And hers
With her hips
And his
Senseless kiss
After senseless kiss
It’s still your lips I miss
And so, you sit at the bottom
Of every last bottle
As I sip the last drip
Trying to forget
I need my fix
No saving grace
Lust to taste
Few words it takes
To shatter my strength
I can’t
I can’t be yours to break
Stay strong
Even if it’s wrong
Even if it feels fake

It will eventually dissipate

No comments:

Post a Comment