Sunday, October 13, 2013

Indecorum

This is not for sport; to pass the time
No trophies here to display and shine
Simple is intricate, pure is tainted
In the break, it’s the same picture painted
So who cares if the canvas is not bare?
Shade…smear…splatter…reveal the beauty in despair.
No one here has a clean palette
Some just pretend and choose not to fret
Quite a bit of wrong has seduced my right
I was armored and lost at first sight
A blind eye upon pursuit of forbidden desire
Tongue tied tales of omission still make for a liar
I am the creator of the scandal frowned upon
I cannot defend that which I have done
Never before, have I betrayed my disposition
It was for more than just a mindless proposition
Is it true that all is fair in love and war?
Because I know exactly what I’m falling and fighting for
I’m not fighting for the satisfaction of winning
I’m not deceiving for the sheer joy of sinning
Wage…engage… I’m battle ready for the heart
Because mine, hasn’t been mine, from the start

No comments:

Post a Comment