Thursday, March 22, 2001

Irretrievable Love

In the solitude of sunless days, I swear your voice still falls upon my ears.
Your image burns endlessly in my mind.
At times, I am left sleepless, drowning myself in memories of what used to be.
In my dreams, thoughts of you float, night after night.
Many times, I awake in excitement and anticipation to see your face...feel your touch.
As my mind slips back into reality and my heart calms, I see that I am without you.
I look around only to find myself in an empty bed of loneliness.

My life, my love for so long...gone...gone.

By choice, I sent you away, then why do I miss you so?
Why do I feel there to be a void in my soul, a vacancy in my heart?
Almost perfect you were my love, no one quite like you have I ever met.
Forever it seems, we held on tight, fighting to save our love.
Yet, my deceitful ways and your domination over me sabotaged it.
I miss you deeply darling and you will always be in my heart, but never again can our hearts be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment