Sunday, June 17, 2001

Bonded by Blood

I look in the mirror and despise what I see.
I hate possessing a part of you inside of me.

I taught myself how to ride the bike with two wheels.
Mom taught me the manners of eating meals.

Countless amounts of birthdays and holidays...not a thing from you.
I don't get my hopes up anymore, it's all unfulfilled promises...what's new?

My high school graduation...you weren't even there.
The telephone didn't ring, you didn't care.

One day, you will regret the pain and suffering you put me though.
Someday, you will see that I am the person I am with no thanks to you.

That day will come when someone else walks me down the isle.
Or maybe when you miss the birth of your first grandchild.

Either way, you will regret having no relationship with your own daughter.
I've grown weary of your ways, though bonded by blood, you are not my father. 

No comments:

Post a Comment