Sunday, January 19, 2003

One Last Time

Take my hand one last time.
Look at me with old eyes.
Tell me everything will be okay.
Say you're not going to leave me this way.

Lay with me outside one last time.
Speak to me with no lies.
Tell me you have always cared.
Say you'll remember the times we've shared.

Make me smile one last time.
Remind me that with laughter, sorrow dies.
Tell me your comic role has just begun.
Say there are millions of laughs still to come.

Hold me in your arms one last time.
Promise me you will never say goodbye.
Tell me amity resides, though our love has died.
Say you'll stay by my side, without feeling obliged.

Comfort me one last time.
Wipe the tears from my cheek as I cry.
Tell me I have lost only a lover, not my best friend.
Say "one last time" is irrelevant since we are far from the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment