Thursday, January 23, 2003

The Palace

Taste the bitterness, as fury escapes my lips.
My tongue, you will no longer hear.
Last chance you will have to fold your ears.

Watch the concrete doors, as they close forever.
You were the last to enter.
None will come thereafter.

Listen to the guards, as they laugh at your endeavors.
Your welcome has been depleted.
You have won; I have been defeated.

Feel my pain, as you see my bleeding heart on display.
Remember you were last to strike, before internal eruption.
You were the breaking point of my destruction.

Breathe in the stench of decay, as I lie in the dungeon.
Warn the others to stay far away from my vindictive lair.
My sullen soul dares not to love, wishes not to care.



I taste the cherry waters, as I sink in animosity.
Ambulant currents devoured my faith in humanity.
The vines along the walls, stole my individuality.

I watch those I know, as I laugh mirthlessly.
For they tolerate love's malevolent ways.
Meanwhile, I lie resting in desolate caves.
                    
I listen to their pleas, as they pray I live not in loathing.
Disgust swallowed me entirely, down to my very core.
It is far too late; do not bother praying for me anymore.

I feel hate's evil aide, invading my insides.
My strength has corroded slowly, with each love-shed tear.
I face darkness now; too diluted and meek to battle its wicked sneer.

I breathe in the odor of my own fear, for this was never my intention.
I desired only to be loved for all that I am, and everything I exemplify.
But eyes do not immerse into others as profoundly as mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment