Tuesday, August 20, 2002

Just Another Body

Awake now, I lie in daylight darkness.
Anger thumps inside my head.
Sadness slashes the back of my eyelids.
My icy cheek kisses the sorrow upon my pillow.
Swollen eyed, my vision is cloudy.
Drenched tissues clasped between my fingers still.
The night's misery has all but suffocated me.
I am capable only of taking one airless breath after another.

I refuse to let myself endure this nonsense any longer.
I sit up in bed, take a deep breath and wipe the black from under my eyes.
There is no definition between you and the others, please do not kid yourself.
You are just another body to toss aside with those who have deceived me.
Beaten down by your selfishness without warning, even so, I will not welcome defeat.
I will find all that I deserve as you ponder the mindless lies that rolled off your tongue.
Then reality will force regrets upon your lips as you long for all you have abandoned.
Smiles will light my face as you bask in the loneliness your idiocy has created.

No comments:

Post a Comment