Sunday, October 6, 2002

Empty Shell

His eccentricity disappeared tonight.
Heaved the mask from which he hid.
The one who stands before me is unrecognizable.
It cannot be my love, my friend; he could not be so morbid.

You disgust me, I did not fall for this...this...thing that meets my sight.
It was a unique and multifaceted soul that attained my adoration.
Sadly, I was misguided to trust I knew your true face after all these years.
Either you played a role in a show or your character took on alteration.

When remorse and empathy consume you, do not bother crying out.
Deaf to anything that slips through your crooked little teeth.
Reflect then, upon the shallow, inconceivable words you proclaimed.
So finicky, yet you do not deserve someone from even the lowest heath.

I guess I had you mistaken for someone else.
Someone who gave a damn about something besides himself.
You are but an empty shell of what I thought you to be.
All correlations have subsided; just offer me the absence of your petty self.

No comments:

Post a Comment