Wednesday, September 3, 2003

Stale September

I sense you in the September air.
Inhale your essence in the breeze.
The chill upon my spine reminds me.
As if, it was your kiss upon my neck.
The seasons always bring me back.
The song you sang to me echoes in my head.
"Hey little girl...tonight it's just you and me little girl...
I'm waiting darling...don't be late...for tonight...
my heart aches...for you little girl..."
I try to clear my mind.
Slow the beating.
Hush the screaming.
Soothe the weeping
Of the broken lover that lurks within.
It was neither you, nor I.
Merely, a missing link between love and it's fatality.
There is no cure for your absence.
No face to fill the empty space you gave.
No man speaks as honest tongues as yours.
No will left to find he, who will resurrect me.
For each time, it is nothing more than the same thing.
Embrace...enrage...erase...retrace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment