Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Untitled and Unlabeled

They think the darkness will swallow me whole.
Because I'm enraged and deranged I will sell my soul.
Because I'm angst ridden and hidden, I'll eat the bullet.
Just because my finger is on the trigger, doesn't mean I'll pull it.

They believe Satan will feast off my flesh.
Because I've neither proclaimed nor denied religion yet.
Because I'm lost and distraught, I'm damned to hell.
Just because my spirit soars free, doesn't suggest I do what I do solely to rebel.

They feel I can't survive the realism of society.
Because I don't care how the public views me.
Because I look a bit different from the rest.
Just because I look as I do, doesn't imply I'm worthless or senseless.

They see a depressed and sinister soul within my writing.
Because I am obviously, nothing more than the surface they reach.
Because it is easier to judge what one cannot comprehend.
Just because it's more diverse, doesn't give way to offend.

I have never claimed the labels placed upon me.
I am not my material possessions or my money.
I am not my style, my clothes nor my shoes.
I am not the music I enjoy listening to.

This is me...this is who I've grown to be.
In money, I see irrational greed.
In style, I find comfort and security.
In music, I feel inspiration and empathy.

My writing is my passion...my expression...my release.
I am an imaginative pragmatist...free and deep thinking.
I view the world in different shades and tones.
I appreciate the poetic beauty residing in the shadows.

Take a look at me now...a real good look.
I am not the worm strung from the hook.
Look at yourselves...you are the insignificant bait.
Simplistic bias minds, bound to one dreadful fate.

No comments:

Post a Comment