Saturday, November 23, 2013

The fixer....

Inside My Mind: Foolish Reveries: Lay with me in the meadows, by the countryside. Grace my ears with your soothing lullabies. Read to me while I rest, encased in the warmth...

Came across the original hand written version of this while cleaning/organizing. June 25, 2003. 20 years old with everything in front of me, while my life was just beginning. I’d do so much, so differently. Or so I’d like to think.

I’ve made so many wrong decisions. Still I have the same vision. Still I have an open wound. An unfilled void. They say insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, while expecting different results. I question my sanity then, I suppose.

While I am the fixer, I suppose I’m always looking for my savior. Someone to be a me, for me. Selfish, though I’m often selfless. Just once, I’d like to get what I give. My mind is moving into the house of old….where there is no choice but to give up the foolish reveries. Let it all go. Let the cold return, to fill the vacancy. Alone. It’s where I belong. It’s where I’ve always been, even in the days of mates.

No comments:

Post a Comment