Friday, April 26, 2002

Goodbye Letter

Hello Father.
How are you?
Never-mind, I don't care.
I only have one reason for writing you today.
I am saying goodbye.
Yes, that's right.
I am done with you.
God knows I have waited for you.
Waited for you to call....
for you to make amends....
for you to keep a promise for once.
Well, I am saying goodbye to all of your lies....
to all of your false promises....
and to your lack of concern.
I will NOT cry even ONE more tear for you, I refuse.
I am tired of you jumping in and out of my life when it is convenient for YOU.
Don't bother.
Just leave me alone, completely.
Don't worry, I am doing just fine without you.
I have a step-dad that is twice the father than YOU have EVER been.
Oh, that's right, you NEVER worry about me anyway.
You will never know what you have done to me.
So sad.
The one man in the whole world that should love me endlessly, does not even care enough to call.
I have been hurt many, many times, but NO ONE has ever made me feel so unloved.
That's the ONE thing you ARE good at.
Thank God for Mom, without her, who knows where I would be now.
Do you know what is even sadder than that.
I cannot think of ONE good memory of you.
I swear, not one.
You have missed out on so much.
I have grown into a fine young women.
With no thanks to you of course.
I have tried various times to make amends with you, but you just do not care.
So now, I am writing YOU off.
This WILL BE the last time I acknowledge your existence.

Are you hurt now?
Are you crying?
Ha, I highly doubt it.
BUT, if you are...GOOD.
NOW, you feel HALF of what I have felt everyday of my life.
And NOW, I do not care.
Goodbye Pete.

P.S. Call Grandma. She cries on the phone every time we talk, because you don't call or visit her. It's bad enough you are a dead beat dad, but Grandma does not deserve to be treated the way you treat me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment