Saturday, February 1, 2003

Inside THEIR minds

I know all the right moves...all the right games to play.
I know how to get what I want and how to make you stay.

I exploit the kindhearted, sensitive role.
Once you trust, I will take control.

Passionately, I look deep into your eyes.
Obliviously, you see truth in my lies.

You say you have heard all my lines before.
I will convince you that I am so much more.

I kiss your forehead and softly stoke your hair.
You think my actions show how sincerely I care.

Naive little girl, you will never know.
Your blind eyes see only what I wish to show.

All the sweet things I whisper in your ear,
I know it is exactly what you want to hear.

"I am an honest man; please put your faith in me."
"I promise not to lie...I promise not to deceive."

"I need you to open your heart to me...do not be afraid."
"I would never hurt you, believe me, this is not a charade."

"I vow to love you baby, more with each passing day."
"You are the only one for me; I swear to never go astray."


In that instant, hard and quick, you fall and submit.
The devil himself, could not design a plan this perfect.

Slowly you see, I am not at all, what I claimed to be.
You cry and wonder why you still love me.

I have captured your heart along with your body and soul.
I have surrendered nothing and have left you cold.

You can try to get over it and move on.
Still, I will linger within you, long after I am gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment