Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Comedown Cravings

Needle to the vein
No, please, not again
I don’t want be a junkie
That last dose you gave me
Spun me, just a little too roughly
Got a bad case…so bad I’m shaking…
A bad case of the comedown cravings
So I start trading
One addiction for the next
No time to rest
Have to break free…
Free from the drug imprisoning me
Free from the users
The enablers and abusers
Erase all the places
We’d go to get high
Erase all the faces
That know our lie
Euphoria in your eyes
When I decided to “try”
My skin has thinned
Aged with each binge
That blank stare of misery
Through your eyes
Here lies our reality
Junkies, aren’t we?
Detox is the only way
With or without you I’m afraid
Klonopin kisses just to get by
Taper the dose and try not to fly
When I was sober, I wished I was high
When I was sober I lived a different lie
When I was sober I was beaten for years
He beat me so badly, I ran out of tears
I wish I could save you…I really do
I can’t be your rock, when I’m broken too
…I can barely save myself from you

No comments:

Post a Comment